Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Becomming a Commuter...lol

Well as of March 1st I will no longer be living at Delta Zeta. This would have been my 4th semester living in and I have debated if living in was still right for me. There are definate perks of living 2 blocks from campus but going back and forth I ultimately realized that I was no longer living there for the reasons I had when I first moved in. Therefore, I decided I would move out and allow another sister to create memories like I have. It is a very good choice that I am confident in now was the correct choice. Therefore, I will be living at home which I think will be nice cuz I do miss spending time with my parents and playing ticket to ride with no end! lol I also think it will help my studies and eating habits! lol so that is the new change with me for march.

This change in moving out is so much bigger than just where i decide to sleep. This is also a push into helping me chnage certain things in my life that are hard to do living in Delta Zeta. Please do not get me wrong, living in was an experience I would not change for the world! I would never get the relationships that I have or even be the person I am today without that choice. However, no longer living in will also give me a the push to turn to different sisters with the new things in my life. I hope it will also help my soical life to be slowly stepping out of the GREEK bubble and keeping up with friends who are not greek which can be very challenging.

I had the chance to spend a lot of time with my Aunt Kathy a few weeks ago and she is truly and insparation to me! I have a goal to going abroad in Spring 2010 and listening to her and her new job for the next few years just pushed me even more to take the steps to making my dream of studying abroad come true. I would love your prayers. I am really trying to get into this blog thing...lol give me a little more time to continue this regularly. lol

I hope you are all having a good day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Ashley, thank-you for your kind words. You have grown up to be such an intelligent, wise, young lady. You are so thoughtful in your decisions and words. Thank-you for loving me like you do!

3:04 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Ashley, thanks for the update. I love how you think things through about what is best for you and others. I have loved seeing you more lately. I hope we keep seeing you more.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home